Friday, February 1, 2008

First strips cut



As you can see, I've cut the first strips for my Mennonite Mosaic. When I bought the fabrics, I wasn't sure about the more clear red print, but now I think my choice is not too bad.
My colors are different from the ones in the Original, especially the brown that replaces the green from the Original.

I don't know when I'll get some moments to sew these strips, cut the rows and assembly these to get one of the final blocks, so you have to wait.
Maybe tonight, as the weather is really awful overhere at the moment, cold and since yesterday rain which turns into a rain / snow mix actually and I hate that.

Waiting for someone to send me some sun, ;o))

Take care

Lil

4 comments:

Kathie said...

thats so exciting! can't wait to see your quilt come together.
I am so happy to see someone else making it in different fabrics.
Kathie

Christine said...

Great to see you've started your quilt. I think your fabrics go together very nicely and I really like the brown. I'd love to send you some sun but it's raining here tonight as well. Hope your weather improves soon. Happy stitching. Christine.

Lucy said...

Lovely Lil. I can't wait to see this quilt grow either!! Did you see Kathie's progress. It is amazing!! The sun is shinging here . I hope at your place too!

pamina said...

It is a perfect waether for sewing more and more !! Happy stitching !