Monday, March 3, 2008

First stitches on my Four Seasons Quilt


Yesterday evening I had to do the first stitches on my project, I've chosen to do everything by hand, little wonky dimensional log cabin blocks, it's a special technique and only after quilting you gonna see the real dimensional effect.

Up to now I think they look great, and there are some more rows to be added. There will be 9 log blocks in total, so my quilt will be square. Still have to think about the finish, 1 or 2 or 3 borders and maybe some applique.

Anyway, I'll see that, sometimes I have to let a project grow and the project tells me how to continue.

2 comments:

Anina said...

I love your colors. Pink and green are my two favorites.

Christine said...

I love your colours too. Great for a spring quilt. The fabric in the centre square is lovely.