Monday, March 17, 2008

Flowers for St Patrick

A new block for my Dear Jane, with a touch of green for St Patricks day


Just a pity that I have to work tonight as there's a big party in Luxemburg City, we have quite some Irish overhere and I can tell you, partying with them is always fun.


And now a view og my 4SQ, just have to add the label and the binding and it's done and ready to send to my secret partner.
What color would you suggest for the binding, I'm not sure about using the border pink.




Here you can see a little of my handquilting on the back, I like how it's looking, the quilting always adds the final touch.




3 comments:

Anina said...

I love the little fussy cut flower in the DJ block. Cute.
Your 4SQ is looking great. I love the linen backing.

Stacy A. said...

Wow Lil, that quilt looks amazing. You are so good with colors. Can I be your secret partner next time? He he. What about using the same green that is around the center? Or maybe a darker purple, like in the blocks? Hmmmmm

Your block looks great. I love how you centered the flower. Those Japanese quilts are amazing. I found pictures from a quilt show in Japan on flickr. They are so detailed it blows my mind! Great work girl. Love Stacy

Exuberant Color said...

I would try the purple stripe for the binding if you have some left. the green would be my second choice but it may be too strong on there twice.