Wednesday, March 19, 2008

So in love with this

Some days ago I wrote a post after my craft fair visit in Paris. In that post I showed you a book and told you that there is an amazing quilt project.

Now I want to lift that secret, here again the book in cause



And this is it, I don't know how many times at looked at this quilt after having bought that book and I never get enough.




Here a more detailed picture, sorry for the flash





You have to imagine, this masterpiece was made around 1860, I don't want to know how many hours Susan Mc Cord spent on assembling this huge piece (80 x 85")

After doing some research on the net I found this, up to you now to decide, lol.

Take care all my friends and happy stitching.




10 comments:

Anina said...

Wow! That sure is an amazing and beautiful piece of work. I'll pass on that project thanks. I think Baby Jane will keep me busy enough for the next couple of years.

QuiltingFitzy said...

WOW!

I'll "watch", lol.

candyschultz said...

I live in Michigan right near the Henry Ford Museum. They have wonderful quilts there and in Greenfield Village.

Exuberant Color said...

I have seen that quilt many times in books and magazine articles and have always loved it too. I have a hard time sticking to applique projects. I like the original better than the QNM one. It has a better flow.

MJinMichigan said...

I also like the original much better than the one in QNM. I have seen it twice in person at the museum and it is fabulous. It's even more unbelievable in person than in pictures.

lil said...

I prefer also the original, it has much more pep and striking colors
I just added the link for all those who don't have the book and are thinking of making this quilt

Christine said...

Wow, amazing quilt.

Marlene said...

Judy Bankson's version of this quilt is on display right now at the U.S. Botanic Garden in Washington, D.C. I saw it last week when I walked over on my lunch hour. It really is beautiful.

KathieB said...

I've always loved this quilt, and think that if I ever feel moved to dig into a serious appliqué project, this might be it.

MOONSTITCHES said...

WOW, what a gorgeous quilt! It's new to me, despite its age and being published often... so beautiful!
I like the original better because it has more charm. Its natural wonkiness which makes it so enchanting cannot be faked by making the pattern for the leaves uneven. Appliqueing results - by nature - in charming imperfection, and I love it!