Monday, April 7, 2008

In memory of




My dear friends, as you know I live with 2 cats, or should I say now with one cat.

I've been to France over the weekend and yesterday when I came back home I got so scared. Bonnie was lying in the entry and didn't welcome me, as she usually did. Something was not normal, I even kicked her a little with my foot because my first thought was "she's dead", but she wasn't.

She was quite ok on friday when I left, she even jumped on my knees to cuddle, but now she was so weak, so skinny, I had such a pain seeing her like this. What should I do?
She had some kidney problems for about a year, I had to give her liquid perfusions (is this the right word?) under the skin some time ago, so I decided to do that again, just to make it over the night.

This morning she didn't seem better, she couldn't get up anymore, her breathing was accelerated, no more voice.
I couldn't stand that anymore, so I decided to go to the vet and make an end to that suffering.
My heart was with her when I took that decision, she was a true friend for me for about 17 years and now I had to let her go.


Good-bye my lovely Bonnie, you had a great life, you will always be in my heart.




Here she is, on one of her favourite places and when I look out of this window now, I think of her.


12 comments:

Patty said...

Oh Lil, - I am so sorry for you. Pets are family too and you gave your Bonnie a lovely tribute.

Fanny said...

Lil, I'm so sorry to read about sweet Bonnie. It's never easy to say good-bye to these furry little people.

You gave her a long, happy life.

Many hugs,
Fanny

Marit said...

I am sad to hear that you lost your dear cat. I am amazed to hear she was 17 years old. I can only hope to keep my cats for that long. Sorry for your loss. Big hug,
Marit

Jacquie said...

I'm so sorry! She was beautiful. Take care.

Stacy A. said...

Ah Lil, I am so sorry for your loss. Our cat, Bertha, is 14. I know when the time comes to let her go it will be heart breaking. They become such a special part of the family. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Love Stacy

Catherine said...

I'm so very sorry about your Bonnie! She was very very pretty. It's very very difficult to say goodbye to a furry friend.

Jen said...

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your little Bonnie. We have three young cats and I dread the day you just had. Cats really become part of your family and to lose them is just as painful. I hope you take some time to grieve.

Jen

amy said...

Lil, I am so sorry to read about your Bonnie. I am sorry you had to make that difficult decision. Please take care!

Karen said...

I am so sorry that your pet got so sick and about the decision you had to make. I know you will miss her.

Sherry said...

I am so sorry for your loss. There are never "right" or "good" words at this time. . . just know that you are in our hearts & prayers.

Sherry

qusic said...

I am with you, my cats are a big part of my home life, with one missing it would feel very weird, but 17 years is very good age for a cat, a little Methusalem. Take care Ch.

Anita_T said...

I am so sorry to hear about Bonnie. She must have been a wonderfull friend, beautifull cat with friendly eyes. Take care - best wishes from a cat lover in Norway