Thursday, April 17, 2008

Miniatire Booty Swap Quilt update

Oh yes, I've worked on that one quite a lot yesterday and now I just need to add the border (s).

It's the first time I do something quite modern, but when I look at it now, ........ yes, I can say that I like it.
On Flickr someone told me that , when looking at this, it seems strange that I have a new love for reproduction fabrics. Ok, maybe, I only have a very large spectrum of love for art in general.
Only by making you learn to love different techniques and layouts, that's my opinion, so why being shy, I've nothing to loose, :o))))))))


Here you can see the real colors, the salmon color strip appaers several times and it shines differently as it is silk, sometimes it looks pink and sometimes more golden



Thinking about adding a very thin frame in purple, just because the border fabric is very busy too. Tell me your opinion, you like that?



And now the back, looks so neat, yippy, welldone girl, lol





As you can see, it's almost done, add the border, layering and quilt it, machine quilting for this one.


14 comments:

Patti said...

Yes, I really like the narrow border. Gives the eye a nice place to rest a moment.

Fanny said...

I agree with Patti. Nice work!

amy said...

This is wonderful, Lil! I like the narrow purple border also. At first, I couldn't decide because the border is so wonderful, but I do like the break the purple border gives the eye. Your swap partner will be very happy!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Oh yes, the purple frame looks wonderful.

Jacquie said...

Oooh this is beautiful. I think I like it more without the border, but it is beautiful either way. Great Job!

Exuberant Color said...

I like it with the purple narrow border.

Kathie said...

great quilt...LOVE the colors!~

Hedgehog said...

Love this! I'd definitely use the deep purple border, too.

Marit said...

That is so fresh! Love the way you are framing it.

Helen said...

This is lovely! Love the pattern. I found your blog via flickr. Hello!

Janet said...

The purple border is just right. It contains all that energy we see in the quilt. Way to go!

katelnorth said...

I like the narrow border too - the whole thing is great - I hope it's for me!

Serena said...

It's a beautiful quilt.. love the colours !!

Supermom said...

the purple border would look fantastic. maybe purple binding too??!