Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Perfect beginning

Girls, got a huge surprise this morning when I read this post, look at the names of the winners, lol, that's a perfect start for the day, thank you Stacy, or should I say George .........

Yesterday evening I started assembling the last Dear Jane block on the to-do list for this week and after such great news I was really motivated to finish that one.




It's F-5 Parcheesi, I did the whole block in applique, just added the corner triangles by machine
I tried also to reconstruct the color fabric as it was before cutting, pretty easy, you still can imagine the whole flower


oups, I forgot to show you the other block I made some days ago




I-8 Pete's Paintbox, thought this block would look nice using striped fabric and I'm more than happy with the result

Now I do some more fabric cutting, I have a class on thursday and I have to cut tons of fabric triangles for that project, just a little hint, all the fabrics I use are Kaffe's, maybe I show you later.


Take care, wherever you are

17 comments:

CONNIE W said...

Your blocks are outstanding.

amy said...

Of course, I just love how your blocks are coming out! Yes, be sure to show us your class project!!

Jacquie said...

What did we do to be so lucky! It was a nice way to begin the week. Love these blocks and how you kept the flower...so nice!

Patty said...

The flower is just great - and the stripes - WOW! I am very behind - but I'll catch up at somepoint... in the meantime I love following your block progress.

RobinE said...

Wow. Just wonderful, those blocks! You were so right about the stripes in I-8, and the way you aligned the flower in H-1 is just awesome. So inspiring!

RobinE said...

Oops! I meant F-5 ... Parcheesi! Flower = way cool. :)

Anina said...

Lucky you!
Your blocks are lovely.

Gypsy Quilter said...

The red block is my favorite, but then again, you know I'm partial to red.

susan said...

oh they look perfect!! nice points!! and its nice that you won the giveaway!!

stitchingwithannie said...

I can't wait to see your Dear Jane when it's finished--it's going to be fantastic with these great fabrics!!

jmbmommy said...

I just love the fabrics you are choosing for your Dear Jane project...so flashy!

Jilly said...

I love how you are re-interpreting the Dear Jane in bright Kaffe fabrics! Very cool. ITs going to look fantastic.

Niki said...

I would love to have you join us at http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
Just us Quilters! A huge list of all quilter's blogs. Please post a recipricol link if you join us. Hugs! Niki

Niki said...

Thank you for joining just us quilters. Can you kindly link the blog to yours? hugs! the code is on the scrolling sidebar on the blog. thanks! niki

Katy said...

I can't wait to see this quilt finished, the blocks look great!!!

Diane said...

Congratulations on your winning!

Karen said...

I have enjoyed my visit to your blog. Lots to look at and very interesting.