Sunday, May 11, 2008

Still there

Oh, days passed so quickly and now I realize that I did'nt post anything yet in may.
You know, actually we have plenty of sun overhere and staying in the house would be a shame, that's why I didn't do too much quilting, there were even days without touching a needle, lol.

But I'm still up to date with my Dear Jane, here are the last 3 blocks


B-8 Water Lily


B-9 Tinker Toy


B-10 Jud's Trophy


I finished also a little block for an exchange on Flickr and it seems that my swap partner likes this one




Last weekend we had a Quilt Expo overhere, it was well worth visiting, some stunning arts and quilts and there was on exposition I just adored, it was called "Quilts for Africa"
All the quilts shown there were to be sold and the money collected is used for an orphanage project in Burkina Faso.


Here are some pictures about that show






















and the last pic from this expo, for me a special piece of art, loved the african fabrics and the Kaffe Fasset layout, perfect combo and the end result of that was .................................

I bought it, yesssss




Now just some pics of the valley where that little festival was happening, such a gorgeous place, especially in spring having that much sun



this little lady came along with me, she even used for the first time a sewing machine and created a little bag
we'll see what happens in the future

7 comments:

caroline said...

Oh Lil--the African quilts are wonderful! Thanks for telling me about these pictures. I'm going to be coming back to look at them again as I decide what to do with my trove of African fabrics.

Patty said...

I'm happy to hear you've been busy enjoying the sunshine and life - you were quiet for a while and I was missing seeing your blocks - thanks for showing them.

Gypsy Quilter said...

That must have been a very interesting show. And the pictures of the valley are simply WONDERFUL! Ohhh how I would love to explore the inside of the church, walk along Main Street, and breathe in that lovely spring air. Was there a mill along the stream?

Rachael Rabbit said...

You are so good to keep finishing your Dear Jane blocks on time!

Jacquie said...

You have accomplished much...maybe that's what would happen to me if I left me computer alone more! Love you little swap quilt. How big is it?

candyschultz said...

Wow. So many great photos. This is why I love the internets.

susan said...

oh the african quilts were gorgeous and how exciting that you bought one! lovely pix of the area too.