Monday, October 20, 2008

Some new projects

I had to finish some projects to be on time for my swaps and I'm still not up to date, grrrrrr, bad time managment, get to get more organized next time.

So here you see my little quilt fot the ALQS2, it's almost done, hope to do the quilting and binding tonight. The actual size is about 16" x 19,5" and the thumblers height 1,25", so you can imagine the tiny tiny applique pieces for the bees, pretty ticky.
It's all done in japanese fabrics, that's why I call it "bees in a japanese garden".

And don't worry, the blue marker lines on the bees will disappear, watersoluble pen.



Below you can see a close-up of my little bees, aren't they cute?



And now something for the season, it's a little wall hanging based on a picture from Art to Heart.
I made this for a friend, but I think I need one too.

7 comments:

miniaturequilter said...

Gorgeous quilt, love those fabrics (diawabo?), and especially the appliqued bees!! Such very tiny pieces to work with!..and of course I love the ORANGE pumpkin!

Karen said...

Bee's in the Japanese Garden is wonderful and the pumpkin is so cute.

jacquie said...

i adore your little bees! great job!

miniaturequilter said...

Just saw the pic at the top of your blog-made me laugh!..I wanted a second look at the quilt!

Marit said...

Lovely tumbler quilt in beautiful fabrics! And the pumpkin wallhanging is so sweet and funny. I understand why you need to make one more, for yourself... It would be hard to give it away.

patchwitch said...

Lil, I love your bee quilt and the pumpkin , too. Art to heart, one of my favourites :D

And I also love your blog halloween design :D :D :D
hugs

LauraJ said...

Have a safe trip! Enjoy your vacation!